Doctor insights on:
I Broke My Wrist What Is The Likelihood That It Will Break Again
Very, very low.: Assuming the fracture healed completely and in an "appropriate" position, it is very unlikely that you will re-break your wrist. It often takes 6-8 weeks for fractures to heal and an additional 4 weeks to regain normal bone strength. However, low bone density can increase your risk of re-fracture. Radiographs are necessary to determine the strength of the bone following injury. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
He broke his wrist 3 weeks ago, it has healed incorrectly. The X-ray shows it's 30° out. Is it better to re-break it now or leave it to fix itself?
Let me explain: Tolerance for pain is different from person to person, some people scream from minor scratch, some break a bone (minor break) and continue to work. ...Read more
I broke my left wrist two years ago and I still constantly have the urge to move it around and stretch it/pop it. I have also noticed a tremor when I hold something in my left hand as well. When the Dr took my cast off two years ago, my break wasn't nearl
You probably had: Some nerve damage to your ligaments when the fracture occurred that may have weakened the overall function of your wrist, I.e. Wrist flexion or extension. There was probably nothing anyone could have done to prevent this. Fractures could cause a micro tear in a ligament that healed but left calcium deposits and therefore scarring or stiffening the ligament. Doing some flexion/extension exercises m ...Read more
I had kienbocks disease in my left wrist, so what is the likelihood of it happening to my right wrist?
Roll: If you are talking about a fall from a bicycle, clavicles and wrists are the most common fractures. These occur because the natural instinct is to put our hand out to "break" the fall. It is suggested that we roll rather than break the fall with our outstretched arm. Much easier said than done! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a lump on the back of my neck what is that and it itches
- My mother has an aortic aneurysm what is the chance that i will also get this
- What is the likelihood that i will give birth without needing an epidural?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a lump on the joint between my middle finger and hand what is it
- My 2 year old has a terrible cough what can i give her that is over-the-counter
- I have brown patches in my armpits what is that can i get rid of it
- I feel a little pressure on my chest right where the heart is what could that be
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free