Doctor insights on:
I Broke My Finger And Need To Type For Work What Can I Do
It depends...: The location and character of the fracture makes a big difference on how hand fractures are treated. Treatment ranges from protected rom, to splints or casts, or even surgery. You need the fracture to be assessed by a qualified medical professional -. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I broke my finger 3 years ago. It works perfectly ok, but it is slightly wider at the first bend. Like 2 millimetres wither that the other finger?
Normal scar: A finger with normal function but slightly wider at an associated joint is normal in the sense that there is residual scar tissue from the injury. Either it is on the soft tissue or the bone itself is enlarged. At two years out the thickens will probably not resolve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I recently broke my finger nail off at work. it bleed a lot & was super painful, i noticed a black spot under the skin, will it go away?
Finger fractures: bones take 6-8 weeks to fully heal but how long you need to be casted or splinted depons a lot upon the type of fracture, the location, the quality of the fracture and many factors. For example a simple non displaced fracture not in a joint may need just three weeks of protection followed by progressive motion even if it its not fully healed yet. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I broke my finger at work what should i do
- How do i know if i broke my finger?
- I broke my 5th metacarpal what can i do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatment for a misaligned wrist after breaking the ulna and radius
- I broke my 1st metacarpal will i need a cast
- What type of exercise do i need to do for my butt?
- Cut my finger do i need stitches
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free