Doctor insights on:
I Broke 5th Metacarpal How Long Will It Take To Heal
Depends on the break: It depends on the location of the fracture and how much comminution there is. Hand fractures are a little different from other fractures, as non-healing is much less of a problem than stiffness. X-rays typically lag behind what is really going on, so once the fracture is non-painful when tapped upon, it is healed (usually 2 weeks in children and 3-4 weeks in adults.) avoid stiffness! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
4 weeks: Typically 4 weeks of immobilization for metacarpal fracture if closed injury that can be reduced. Open fractures and fractures requiring open reduction or internal fixation can take longer. End result relative to resolution of swelling, pain, and range of motion will take 4 to 8 months. ...Read more
What is the recovery time after the metal plate is removed from 5th metcarpal bone?
How long does it take to heal completely after the metal plate is removed from 5th metacarpal bone?
Metal/fracture/digit: Usually 6 weeks to 3 months. Best to ask the surgeon who inserted the plate.... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long till 5th metacarpal fracture heals?
- How long will a metacarpal fracture take to heal?
- I broke my 5th and 4th metacarpal will i be able to write again
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it usually take a metacarpal fracture to heal?
- How long does it take to heal broken metacarpal bones?
- I broke a leg how long it will take me to start walking again
- I broke my 1st metacarpal will i need a cast
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free