Doctor insights on:
I Am Skinny Is It Safe For Me To Have Leg Bypass Surgery In My Leg
Yes, if indicated: Actually by being thin the operation is often technically easier and wound complications are less compared to an obese patient. You may, however, be able to feel the graft easier which can be concerning to some but has no impact on the safety of the procedure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Leg bypasses are typically done when someone has pain or a non-healing wound from poor circulation. If the bypass is open then it will be effective at healing wounds and improving pain. How long bypasses work is another loaded question and depends in many factors. Some include, smoking status, is vein used as a conduit or synthetic material, is the bypass to an above or belw knee artery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Revascularization is common due to the progressive nature of peripheral vascular disease. After an original bypass, scar tissue or intimal hyperplasia forms at the proximal and distal ends of the pipe limiting flow. Ultimately this scarring may shut the bypass down requiring a "new" one. However, as the disease progresses options for further bypasses may become more limited. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had aorta bifemoral bypass surgery in december. Am having leg and back pain like before surgery could this be happening again so fast?
I am a diabetic that has already had a full leg bypass surgery to improve circulation. Now I am having tunneling in the largest wound?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I am going to have gastric bypass surgery
- Is it safe for me to stay on my vegan diet while i am pregnant?
- If i recently broke my leg is it safe for me to travel on an airplane
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe for me to hold my arms over my head while i am pregnant?
- Is it safe to have a cough after heart bypass surgery?
- Am i a candidate for gastric bypass surgery?
- Why am i finding random bruises on my legs rest of me looks fine?
- Talk to a cardiologist online