Doctor insights on:
I Am Not Feeling Like Myself What Are The Symptoms Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Entrapment of the median nerve at the wrist is how we describe carpal tunnel. There are 8 carpal bones, but the hamate and pisiform form the ulnar side. The trapezium and scaphoid for the radial side. Flex the 3rd digit and look at the palmar hand side. The long flexor's tendon will be visible, the median n is just to its thumb side. Wrist flexion or extension can irritate ...Read more
Activity modificatio: Carpal tunnel syndrome(cts) is compression of the median nerve at the wrist. It can be exacerbated by certain activities, positions or metabolic abnormalities. Try to figure out if certain things cause your symptoms, wear wrist splints at night and try otc ndaid's. If that doesn't help you can try occupational therapy for helpful exercises. A hand specialist may perform injections or surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Numbness, pain, weak: Carpal tunnel usually starts with numbness and tingling in the thumb and first three fingers of the affected hand. Symptoms are worse at night, will often wake you up from sleep, and are temporarily relieved by shaking out the hands. Later on, if not treated, carpal tunnel can lead to pain, clumsiness, and frank weakness in the hand. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Carpal tunnel: Carpal tunnel is typified by numbness and/or tingling in the thumb, index, long, & half of the ring finger. Aching may be reported but numbness & pins/needles are more common. It can be reproduced by holding your wrist in the bent forward position for well over a minute or may be considered if you can elicit tingling with forcible tapping over underside of wrist. Palmar muscle atrophy when severe. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
S&S carpal tunnel: People with carpal tunnel normally have numbness in the tips of thumb, index finger and middle finger. The symptoms may also be tingling in the same area. The symptoms may be worse during or after sleeping or while driving a car. The best way to determine carpal tunnel is with nerve conduction testing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I am not feeling like myself what are the symptoms of aortic stenosis
- I am not feeling like myself what are the symptoms of breast fibroadenoma
- I am not feeling like myself what are the symptoms of miscarriage
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes and symptoms of down syndrome?
- What are the long term effects of carpal tunnel surgery?
- If i am a sexaholic what are the chanced of my children having this diease
- What are the chances of my child becoming an alcoholic if i am?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free