Doctor insights on:
I Am Looking For Alternative Treatments To Rheumatoid Arthritis
Multiple medications: It is documented that early, agrressive therapy is indicated in RA and results in much better outcome as opposed to delaying agrressive therapy(as was done in the past). Initial therapy would include plaquenil, methotrexate, and biologic agents, i.e., enbrel, humira, etc. This approach is supported by long term clinical trials and radiographic evidence. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many options : There are dozens of medications for rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatologists usually start with a milder, less toxic medication like Methotrexate and add additional therapies as needed. Sometimes it takes trying 6 or more drugs until an effective regimen is found. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could you tell me what are alternative treatments for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis besides medication?
Let the buyer beware: I don't know a lot about alternative treatments for jra, but i see lots of patients that missed their opportunity to prevent permanent joint damage when very effective medications are available. That's very sad, especially for young patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Caution tetracyline: In children tetracycline can stain the bone. We are fortunate that we can use most of the medications we use in adults in children, but some are not approved for children. We can use Methotrexate and some of the biologics are approved for treatment of jia children such as Etanercept and adalimumab. Iv Infliximab is approved for childhood ibd, IV tocilizumab and Abatacept for jia. Others not yet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there a drug that's less expensive and can be used as a alternative to humira for rheumatoid arthritis?
YES: There are multiple drugs for arthritis cheaper than humira. Pills like methotrexate, sulfasalaxine, Plaquenil and Leflunomide can be used alone or in combination. There is also an injectable form of Methotrexate that can sometimes be more effective. Prednisone can also be taken. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories can be used. Depending on your insurance, another biologic may be cheaper than humira. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternatives to methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis
- I am 5 days late for my period is it too early to take a home pregnancy test
- What should i look for in soaps to use to clear up black spots on face and neck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my fingers to be numb when i am 8 months pregnant?
- I am 20 and 216 pounds what is the best way for me to loose weight
- Is it normal for my arms to get numb while i am sleeping?
- I am allergic to underwire in bras help what can i do for lift
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free