Doctor insights on:
I Am Going To Have Gastric Bypass Surgery
Having my period for 2 weeks will not go away really heavy and blood clots I did have gastric bypass surgery a year ago?
BMI >40: As different people have different dimensions of weight and height, the current recommendations of bariatric or weight loss surgery are based on bmi (weight/height squared). People with bmi>35 and a comorbid condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea or anyone with bmi>40. You can calculate bmi this by going to http://www.Cdc.Gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/index.Html. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Obesity, and...: Obesity is the main health problem to qualify. Bmi (body mass index) >40, or >35 with associated health problems such as diabetes, sleep apnea, hypertension. Formerly had to be "morbidly obese" >100 pounds (45 kg) over ideal body weight. Bmi=wt (kg)/sqht (meters). Can be thrown off if very muscular. Measures weight not amount of fat. ...Read more
What happens if one is on medicare disability can they have gastric bypass surgery and it be covered?
Major surgery: Having gastric bypas surgery is a mjor undertaking and requires the person to have stable cardiac function, stable lung function, and yes, stable mental health. Mental health willplay a large role in the eventaul succes of gatric bypass, so it is importatn to be mentally sound to get this surgery, so a person will have the best possible outcomes. ...Read more
Stop before surgery: Coumadin should be discontinued for 4-5 days before a surgical procedure to avoid excessive surgical bleeding. It takes that long for the effects to wear off. For patients on coumadin because of a mechanical heart valve, some form of heparin is sometimes prescribed for a day or two before the surgery and then stopped (heparin is stopped closer to surgery because its effects don't last as long.) ...Read more
Can I have gastric bypass surgery? I'm a 19 year old male who weighs about 168 and is about 5'3. I want to weigh about 140. I was always overweight as a child. The highest i ever weighed was 190. In my second year of college when i suddenly reaalized that
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I am skinny is it safe for me to have leg bypass surgery in my leg
- Once i have a gastric bypass surgery what happens to my extra skin
- I am allergic to penicillin and i have tonsillitis what should i do if surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i am having chest pain for a week should i go to the er
- Is it possible to have gastric bypass after having a nissen surgery for gerd?
- Why am i not losing weight after gastric bypass surgery?
- Am i a candidate for gastric bypass surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online