Doctor insights on:
I Am Currently On Crestor Can It Cause Muscle Pain
Yes: Muscle pains (usually symmetric - both legs or thighs or arms) are a side effect of statin medication such as crestor. See your doctor to check ck blood test to rule out a more serious side effect. If ck is normal, sometimes taking daily coenzyme q10 may alleviate the muscle pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
I used to take crestor but was one of the few who had muscle pain as a side effect , my question is will all statin meds have side effect?
My husband takes Crestor 20mg also Metformin 2,000 mg a day. Has lots of muscle pain/spasms for many years. Would CoQ10 help in some way or not?
Taking crestor 4 about 3 years now, no side affects, now all of the sudden i feel muscle pain and tenderness can side affects start after years of use?
They can.: Muscle injury syndromes secondary to lipid lowering medications can occur at any time during therapy although 2/3 of the cases occur in the first 6 months. The best course of action would be to notify the prescribing physician and be evaluated as soon as possible. The treatment of these syndromes is obviously to discontinue the medication. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Been on statins for 8-10yrs! experiencing muscle pain in legs and cloudy urine! could it be the crestor?
Should i get back on crestor even though i had muscle aches that were severe? Currently on simvastatin, but here there is better products to take.
Crestor is the brand name for rosuvastatin, one of several "statin" medications that inhibit hmg co-a reductase, the rate limiting enzyme in cholesterol synthesis. These medications increase the number of LDL receptors that bind and remove LDL particles from the circulation. Statins have been shown to significantly reduce heart attack, death from heart ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I am having resting tremor on my upper left arm only what could be causing it
- If i have a ganglion cyst on my finger would it cause shap pain
- I have a ganglion cyst on my wrist would rupturing it cause shap pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a pain on both sides can it be serious
- I have severe stomach pain inside my belly button what can be the cause took pt and it came out negative
- Can sleeping on your side cause chest pain?
- When i exhale i get a sharp pain on the left rib cage what can this be
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free