Doctor insights on:
I Am Allergic To Penicillin And I Have Tonsillitis What Should I Do If Surgery
Alternatives: There are plenty of non-penicillin alternatives that can be used; Erythromycin is one of the most common. If you really need to be treated with a penicillin derivative, your allergist can desensitize you prior to starting the antibiotic. But it is always best to use an alternative so that you don't run the risk of having a penicillin reaction. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am on clarithromycin for tonsillitis as allergic to penicillin and am experiencing a bit of chest tightness and light headed, is this a side effect?
If you are allergic to penicillin , what would be your preferred drug to treat tonsillitis/pharyngitis ?
Bacteria resistance: Tonsillitis can have different causes. Antibiotics are indicated for tonsillitis with a positive culture for strep. Some bacteria are resistant to penicillin causing antibiotic treatment failure. If the symptoms have not resolved after appropriate antibiotic therapy then re-check is indicated. Perhaps the cause is not bacterial. ...Read more
I have had tonsillitis (diagnosed on symptoms, not testing), which responded well to penicillin. Does this rule out potential HIV exposure as a cause?
I have tonsillitis and I have been on penicillin for 5 days, I had blood in phlegm last night and this morning, is this normal? I'm worried
I am on penicillin 2000mg for tonsillitis. It's now my fourth day on them and I can smell it in my urine, is this normal?
Entirely normal: Penicillin and related drugs (ampicillin, amoxicillin, and others) have a characteristic strong odor, and are excreted in the urine. Therefore, strong urine odor is normal when taking penicillin. No problem, nothing to worry about. But if you remain concerned, discuss it with your doctor. ...Read more
I have had tonsillitis for 3 months, 8 lots of antibiotics/penicillin injections 2weeks ago, now having3more.Why isn't it going away?Immune disorder?
Chronic tonsillitis: Hopefully i understand your question correctly, but i think you're saying you are having chronic tonsil issues, perhaps with pain or sore throat or bad breath or swallowing issues. This could mean the tonsils are chronically infected with "biofilms" and that you may need to be evaluated for tonsillectomy. Other issues like reflux or masses should also be evaluated for at that appointment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What antibiotic can i take if im allergic to penicillin and i have a sore throat?
- What should i do if my husband does not want to have sex while i am pregnant?
- What should i do if my newborn is vomiting and seems to have trouble breathing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i know if i am in remission from cancer and i want to get pregnant?
- What test should my wife and i have if we are planning on tryin to have a baby?
- I have ademyosis and am trying to conceive what can i do
- What should i do if my baby does not like the new foods i am having him try?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free