Doctor insights on:
I Accidentally Swallowed Dettol
I think I have swallowed 2ml of dettol handwash. Can I die by swallowing 2ml of dettol handwash? What should I do now?
Go to Emrgency Dept: Dettol if ingested in any quantity can be toxic. I recommend you don't waste your time on this site and go to the Emergency Department of your near hospital asap. Even though 2 ml is small amount it still needs to be treated ...Read more
I am not sure if my one yr and four months old daughter swallowed household dettol (the one to be diluted in water). What shall I do as precaution?
Poison Control: Call Poison Control right away for instructions! 1-800-222-1222 ...Read more
Not much: It's just an antibacterial cleanser, so it may just be a little drying to your hair. Just wash it out with your normal shampoo and add a little conditioner and you should be fine. ...Read more
I accidently scratched my mole on collar bone. It half peeled off. The area is red and painful. I tried using dettol antiseptic so no infection.
Not a mole: Moles do not scrape off. Pure and simple. If this thing scraped off on something fairly blunt that didn't cause a notable wound, then it was more likely a skin tag or other such growth. You can use some neosporin to help avoid infection, and a bandaid, but i'd get this looked at during your next appointment. ...Read more
Concerns: Dettol liquid antiseptic/ disinfectant could cause changes in vaginal flora and ph. Usually soap ; disinfectants are not needed inside the vagina. ...Read more
Depends: You can use the personal hygiene products, but don't use their floor cleaner. ...Read more
No dettol is toxic: And I would not use it. The same applies to septor. ...Read more
I used undiluted dettol on my face after shaving. Now it is extremely dry. My cheeks swelled up. Please help?
I've used dettol on my anus. Now it's swollen I think and also it feels sticky there. What should I do now to feel better there?
GetItCheckedByDOCTOR: You need to get your Swollen Anus checked by a Doctor. Why did you put Detol on your Anus. ...Read more
How can I cure my bacne problem? The condition did not improve despite using Dettol and QV body wash. It got worsen when applying lotion to it. HELP!
One month ago on 2nd may I applied dettol on my pimple now that burned area turned into brown colour plz suggest me wht should I do nd how to remove?
Throw away the detto: You will do much better with REAL acne treatment. The treatment depends on various factors. You may benefit from tretinoin gel or cream. The brown color is probably post-inflammatory pigmentation due to acne. Tretinoin controls acne and also reduces the dark color. This usually requires 3 months for significant improvement. If you are looking for a magic medicine to spot treat zits you will be di ...Read more
Possibly: Am not aware of any study that has been done on this. The first question would obviously be "What wounds? " and what are they due to? Need more info before making further comments about this, but you might try calling the company that manufactures this and asking them about it. ...Read more
Infections: Have no idea what you mean by "water infections". There are numerous diseases that can be transmitted to humans thru contaminated water. The active ingredient in dettol that confers its antiseptic property is chloroxylenol which should not be taken by humans as it has potentially lethal toxicity. It can be used in contaminated water, but then you could not drink the water. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Accidentally swallowed betadine gargle
- Accidentally swallowed small
- Toddler accidentally swallowed ibuprofen pill
- Accidentally swallowed a hard piece of candy
- Child accidentally swallowed some neosporin
- Accidentally swallowed a plastic toothpick pick
- What to do if bactidol accidentally swallowed?
- Accidentally swallowed daily contact lens
- Accidentally swallowed metal