Doctor insights on:
I Accidentally Ate 5 Slices Of Turkey With Some White Patches Of Mold On Them Is This Going To Harm Me
I accidentally ate 5 slices of turkey with some white patches of mold on them. Is this going to harm me?
Possibly: One should always examine food they are eating and if there is ever a question as to the integrity of the food, do not eat it! Molds may not be that dangerous but this indicates that a bacterial overgrowth (spoilage) may have occured and one could contract food poisoning. Vomiting, diarrhea, fever and other symptoms may occur if food poisoning. See pcp, go to er or seek help if sick. ...Read more
I accidentally ate some bananas nut bread with mold on it. It was white patches of mold. Can this be toxic/harm? If so what do the toxins do to you?
Maybe (not) . . .: Only time will tell if it's toxic or harmful. Most common symptoms of food poisoning are nausea, vomiting & diarrhea. ...Read more
I'm 11 weeks pregnant. I accidentally ate a muffin that I found out had mold in it. Can this do harm?
No: It's fine. No harm will come to you or your baby. There are some molds that can be harmful because they can form toxins. Bread mold is not one of them. We all have eaten far more bread mold unintentionally than we are aware of. ...Read more
I ate left over turkey and half-way into eating it I noticed a little of mold. Idk if what I had already ate had some? Is this going to be bad?
Mold on turkey:
You will probably survive to eat turkey another day. Leaving turkey out and eating it with salmonella on it is much worse. There are cheeses with mold like blue cheese. Penicillin is mold. If you experience nausea, diarrhea, wheezing, or breathing problems, seek help.
http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/molds-on-food-are-they-dangerous_/ ...Read more
I was at school and I found that I ate this sort of....green mold on a turkey burger. I found it just before I finished. I'm scared I'll get sick.
Food poisoning: Since you do not feel anything at this time, you do not have to do anything. But if you start having symptoms then you should see your primary care to assess and they will decide the appropriate management. ...Read more
Unlikely. : You may feel sluggish for a while but that should resolve. You should be consuming some carbohydrates that are converted to sugar in the body. Some fad diets have you stopping all carbohydrates. Your body is smart enough to get around it but will take several days and you may feel very fatigued. See your local dietician if you want to diet. Get smart ideas from the experts. ...Read more
I ate a few strawberries and didn't know until after the fact they may have had mold on them. I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant will it harm us the baby & i?
Quite unlikely: Eating food with mold is quite unlikely to cause a problem for you and it won't for your baby. ...Read more
Got my ipad today and seen there was black, green,white stuff on it wiped it down now scared that it might have been black mold if it was will it harm?
Mold: Doubt highly that your IPad had black mold on it. However, if you cleaned it well there should be no problems. Not to make you more paranoid, but mold and bacteria are everywhere anyway and our immune system handles them just fine despite the latest hyped up documentary by Oprah or Dr. OZ and their like. ...Read more
I drank some beer and noticed some mold growing on the exterior of the can. Noticed the beer also tasted like wine. Will it harm me?
Spoiled beer: Mold on the outside but not in the beer itself means the mold is not the issue. If the beer tastes like wine it is likely to be spoiled and you should not drink it. ...Read more
Better be safe: Bread mold represents a common fungus and those white spots contains millions of fungal spores. Though eating moldy bread doesnt usually cause any problems, there are reported cases where ingestion has caused allergic reactions, vomiting, diarrhea and rarely something more serious. Given your pregnancy, its better to avoid it. ...Read more
Can breathing in mold during pregnancy cause any harm to the baby or just me? Possible spots of mold in my car.
Just entered second trimester of pregnancy. House I live in has black mold throughout. Will my baby be okay? Will this harm the pregnancy?
No: It is becoming clear that the home environment may adversely affect the baby even before he is born. Obviously a moldy environment also poses potential health risk for you as well. You need to get the house fixed or move out ...Read more
Between apple skin and apple I took a bite and there is a green fuzzy area....could this be mold? I am 25 weeks pregnant, can the baby be harmed?
Relax: Likely "bruise" in apple. Won't harm baby (even if ot were mold) ...Read more
Listeria is not a: Statistically high risk from one meal. Avoid soft cheeses blue-veined cheeses; & Mexican-style cheeses. Avoid eating refrigerated pâtés & meat spreads. Canned or shelf-stable pâtäs & meat spreads may be eaten. Only eat refrigerated smoked seafood that has been cooked. Only drink milk or eat food w milk products that have been pasteurized. You can eat hard cheese; semi-soft cheeses; pasteurized > ...Read more
I have lowered my Fentanyl patch from 100 to 75 (rather than going cold turkey to come off.) I am very tired and feel 'stoned'. Is that normal?
Thanks for asking!: Taper to avoid side effects.Get a more detailed answer ›
I accidentaly ate a slice of bread until I noticed it has mold on it. Should I be concerned? I have a penicillin allergy.
Mold : If nothing has happened by now then everything is good ...Read more
Bird poop: Chances are, he probaly didn't eat enough to cause problems. ...Read more
Accidentally ate bread that turned out to be moldy. Do I need to do anything, or is my body able to deal with the mold no problem?
Most likely: Most likely should be ok your body likely digested it. Most moldy bread is benign and you won't have any symptoms however few can cause illness. If you start developing cold fever like symptoms then you may want to present to your doctor. Most likely you are fine though. At most, you might develop vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach but this will go away after few days, hydrate. If not go to doctor. ...Read more
I accidentally ate tuna that had mold on it. It was canned, but I refrigerated it for a few days. Nausea for hours, but nothing else. What now?
Probably nothing: Hopefully the acid in your stomach took care of the mold. Unless it was in some huge quantity, I don't think you need to do anything further except monitoring. ...Read more
I am 6 week pregnant and just accidently ate 30ml condensed milk in a can which I opened 4 months ago and stored in frige. Will it harm my baby?
Accidentally ate a bite of really moldy organic bagel. Mold was blue/whiteish? How soon will I have symptoms (which?) if I get sick? What to do next?
Moldy Bread: It is unlikely you will get sick from this. If you do it would be a self limited nausea and perhaps vomiting. Drink some milk and other fluids you should be fine. ...Read more
Lost my ins. And I'm had to quit cold turkey from fentanyl 50mcg patch that I've been on a year or two. How long does the side effects take while w/d?
Good question. Symptoms of opioid withdrawal tend to appear 1-2 days after your last dose. You may feel flu-like symptoms, aching, the need to yawn or a bit agitated. You may find this information helpful too
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000949.htm ...Read more
I accidentally ate green mold in my bread! Do i have to worry about anything?? What do I do? Thank you so much!
Not a problem: I am guessing the amount that you ate was small since mold makes the bread taste pretty awful. A small amount will be easily handled by your digestive track. You should have no problems. ...Read more
I accidentally cooked and ate a store bought quiche without first removing the aluminium tray. Will this harm my unborn baby?
Buprenorphine patches im on 105 mcg per hour 4 day patches and have been on this dose for over 3 years. Will I suffer cold turkey if I stopped. Or whi?
Possible: You may quit using vivelle (estradiol) dot patches cold turkey; however, a better approach would be to discuss with the doctor, who prescribed you the patch, why you are not comfortable with it anymore and what alternatives possibly exist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- I always have flaky things coming out of my ears what is it
- My leg skin is kind of shiny and cracked never had that before why
- Why dies my 9 year old hace white blothes on her face?
- Ut feels like i got a bubble in the topper right of my chest near my neck and when i strech it hurts and some times when i wake up i am short of breath and feel like am ill but goes with in 2min please tell me what it is and what 2 do
- My baby is coming out the pressure really hurts can i push i can see the head coming out of me
- Had bleeding in stool and now it feels like something of the inner part wants to come out
- While masturbating i was really wet and then i felt the urge to pee and then the sheets my vag and gands were soaked what was this
- Why are tiny little worms all dead of course coming from my mouth and nose?
- I have been having my nose bleed out a lot these past few days i dont know if it is because im sick or because of the thing i pour in my nose to breath please anwser
- Crazy moving poop with white mucus like threads have video
- How can i be allergic to yellow corn and be able to eat white corn and not get sick?
- I use talcum powders everyday for years on my privates how would i know if i have ovarian cancer and i have an odor all the time
- Over the last ten days i have gotten bites all over my body each one turns into a rash it itches so much what can it be my husband has none
- I accidentally ate some potatoes the night before my colonoscopy
- I woke up with an extremely red eye half of the white of my eye is solid red it is not sore and vision is fine should i seek medical attention
- What is the name of that stuff that coroners put under their noses to mask the smell of rotting flesh?
- Why are my ears constantly itchy inside and what is the yellow smelly water that comes from inside them doctors medication dont work?
- I have an exposed nerve on one of my back teeth and do not have any insurance is there anything i can do at home to nake it stop hurting
- I have a lump in my arm i was told it was a lipoma what is that and how do i get rid of it and is it dangerous
- I can squeeze hair folecules and get spot like white stuff come out it is mainly on my penis but also get them on arms and inner theigh