Doctor insights on:
Use thermometer: Sometimes it is difficult to tell if you have a fever (sometimes it is obvious). If a person is unclear, there are many good thermometers available at the drug store that can confirm if a fever is present or not. A fever can be related to a viral or bacterial infection and in rare cases other non-infectious causes. If fever is very high or persistent, seek care to determine next best course. ...Read more
It can be checked: To determine if a person has a fever (above normal body temperature) requires a thermometer. Just touching the forehead is not very predictive. There are various thermometers---some can be place on in the ear, some over the temporal artery, some in the mouth and rectal temperatures. These thermometers are available without a prescription and affordable. ...Read more
Fever: Defined in many different ways. My preference is a body temperature which in the course of 24 hours either fails to fall as low as 98.6 f, or reaches 100 f. If you define it in a clinically relevant fashion, that depends on the particular illness or condition being examined. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hysterical amnesia
- Positive pregnancy test with a hysterical pregnancy
- Hysterical personality disorder symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do babies cry hysterically?
- Why has my baby started waking up hysterical at night?
- Symptoms of fever
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free