Doctor insights on:
Hypothyroidism Hirsutism Women Once Corrected
Why ask?: You already have PCOS which is a common cause of hirsutism. You are already taking 2 meds which are likely to help. The ginette 35 might al;so help. Hypothyroid often causes loss of scalp hair but is not a common cause of hirsutism. You neglected to mention the doses. This can be important. Have you been checked for thyroid? You do not list any med related to thyroid. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
23 yr-old, since puberty had facial "bloating" and other symptoms suggestive of thyroid or cortisol issues, but hasn't found effective treatment....?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hirsutism in women treatment
- Low testosterone hypothyroidism in women
- Signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism in women
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Elevated dhea in women and hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism symptoms in young women
- Hypothyroidism in young women
- Can women with hypothyroidism get pregnant?
- Talk to a dermatologist online