Doctor insights on:
Hypothyroidism Food And Drinks To Avoid
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
I've been told to avoid cruciferous veggies due to my hypothyroidism. Is it ok to drink the greens as a juice? I feel that I need these in my diet.
Juice worse for you: Eating large amounts of cruciferous vegetables can suppress thyroid function, but it's not clear how much. Moderate consumption doesn't have much effect esp. if cooked. Cooking degrades the chemicals that interfere with thyroid. If you eat large amounts raw or juiced then monitor thyroid levels thyroid to see if you need to take more. Taking iodine may balance this. See http://tinyurl.com/zxpoulv ...Read more
No, not at all: Coffee has no effect on your thyroid. So by all means, continue to enjoy your coffee along with taking your thyroid medication to correct your hypothyroid condition. ...Read more
My son is 4 mnths old and only takes 20 ozs of milk adayand not demanding and iam forcing him to drink and he has mild hypothyroidism.Please advice..
No: Green tea is generally really good for you. Enjoy it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Foods drinks to avoid with high blood pressure
- Foods drink to avoid when taking dilantin
- Foods drinks to avoid for women suffering with fibroids
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Herbs to avoid with hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism avoid spinach anxiety
- What foods drinks do i avoid if i have oral thrush?
- Drinks to avoid with gerd
- Food and drink to avoid when breastfeeding