Doctor insights on:
Hypoglycemia And Hyperthyroid
No: They are not related. Symptoms may be similar. Talk to your endocrinologist about the symptoms. ...Read more
Symptoms include nervousness, sweating, hunger, anxiety, blurred vision, fatigue, fast heart rate, etc. -- however unless you have diabetes and are on Insulin or other medication, have renal or liver disease, cancer or prior stomach surgery -- then true hypoglycemia neveer occurs in human beings. If it a very frequently ...Read more
Check thyroid : A blood sugar will change quickly, but if you have hyperthyroidism, it's chronic, and a lab blood test will determine this. If thyroid dysfunction is ruled out, but there is diabetes, then blood sugars should be monitored at home anyway. Hyperthyroidism usually causes higher blood sugars. Please also discuss this with your doctor. ...Read more
Hello i've just found out that I have hyperthyroid. I'm really struggling with this it has taking over my everyday life. How do I feel better?
See your doctor: To control hyperthyroidism, you will need help. Usually hyperthyroid patients are given radioactive iodine to destroy part of their thyroid and bring their levels down. If you can't for some reason, there are medications both to temporarily lower thyroid levels and to help with the side effects of high thyroid levels. ...Read more
Questions about exercise regimen. Is there any problems with doing workouts when hypo or hyperthyroid?
Hyperthyroid: Yes, weight loss is very common in folks with over-active thyroid glands. That is usually treated with anti-thyroid medication or radioactive iodine. When you thyroid glands are under control you will stop losing weight. Your anti-thyroid treatment may result in a period of under-active thyroid. Your doctor should be checking up on this early after initial treatment and at longer intervals. ...Read more
Patch testing: You might want to see a dermatologist who can do patch testing to see what you are allergic to. If you shower a lot and use soap all over instead of just on your private parts that may b the reason. Cream moisturizers are better than lotions. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can celiac disease cause reactive hypoglycemia and low blood pressure?
- Can hypoglycemia cause muscle and joint pain?
- Can hyperthyroidism cause lightheadedness and fatigue?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between hyperthyroidism and graves disease?
- What is the difference between hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia?
- What is the difference between hyperthyroidism and thyrotoxicosis?
- Can hyperthyroidism cause pain in lower left abdomen and back?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free