Doctor insights on:
Hypoechoic Nodule Thyroid Lower Inner Pole
Heterogeneous hypoechoic nodules in bilateral thyroid lower pole,
measuring 1.7 CM on the right and 0.5 CM on the left.is it can be cancerous?
Mytest result s show:
left thyroid lobe lower pole ovoid hypoechoic noncalcified nonvascular nodule
What does all that mean??
If I had a thyroid scan that read: left lobe of gland is mildly enlarged at 5.8cm x 1.7 x 2.2 . There is a avascular 3 mm hypoechoic nodule in the lower pole of the left lobe. How would I know if it was " hot or cold"?
Ultrasound results: What you are describing are ultrasound results. A hypoechoic nodule of 3 mm of size is nearly 100% benign. The only reason to assess if a nodule is overactive (hot) or underactive (cold) is in general hyperthyroidism. If the nodule is hot, then it can be the target of therapy. This is done through a i-131 uptake and scan. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A 0.3 x 0.5 x 0.3 CM hypoechoic cystic nodule with punctate internal echo is noted in the lower pole of the right lobe of the thyroid
Small nodule: Often cystic thyroid nodules can have denser regions called "punctate foci". If the nodule is not cystic those can also be microcalcifications, a finding that increases the risk of thyroid cancer. The key though is that the nodule is very small and therefore requires monitoring only, no matter what its nature may be. ...Read more
Depends : It all depends on the size and if it is new. There is a need to do needle aspiration if not sure ...Read more
Unlikely: They typically do not affect the function of the thyroid so you shouldn't "feel sick" with the presence of nodules. Unless they are very large and cause compressive symptoms. In that case, it is obvious and you would know why you feel sick. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Heterogeneous thyroid nodule in lower pole
- Hypoechoic heterogeneous thyroid nodule
- Can a solid hypoechoic nodule in thyroid gland be cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a complex hypoechoic thyroid nodule?
- Solid hypoechoic thyroid nodules
- Pediatric thyroid nodule hypoechoic with punctate calcification
- What does hypoechoic thyroid complex nodule mean?
- Talk to a radiologist online for free