Doctor insights on:
Hyperthyroidism In Teenage Boys
If you have been cleared for hyperthyroidism as a teen, are you still at risk later in age if many in your family have been diagnosed?
Common disorder: Which is easily diagnosed and can be treated with either radioiodine or anti-thyroid drugs. See the american thyroid assoc. Website or check lay info at aace.Com (american assoc. Of clinical endocrinologists) for more info. ...Read more
Overactive Thyroid: Hyperthyroidism is the term for overactive tissue within the thyroid gland that causes an overproduction of thyroid hormones. These thyroid hormones control the metabolic rate of the body, so too much can cause symptoms like nervousness, irritability, increased perspiration, heart racing, hand tremors, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, thinning of the skin, fine brittle hair, & muscular weakness. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Curing hyperthyroid: To cure it, you need to know what causes it. There are many causes for hyperthyroidism, some are temporary and goes away without treatment, others require treatment to permanently treat it. In general, if u take away the thyroid gland (surgery or kill it with radioactive iodine), then the hyperthyroidism is cured (..But then you will be hypothyroid). U need a physician to help u with this disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i be worried if my child has dark circles under his eyes
- Does hyperemesis gravidarum cause hypercalcemia?
- Big mac calories with cheese
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low calorie meals recipes
- Does hydrops fetalis cause cephalopelvic disproportion?
- Pituitary gland tumor
- Does hiv positive cause influenza?
- Talk to a pediatrician online