Doctor insights on:
Hyperthyroid Weight Gain
Not particularly: But it has other side effects that may affect a person's weight in variable patterns. Some patients do get nauseated which may decrease your caloric intake and cause some mild weight loss. Some patients, not frequently, sleep eat, and this may cause increased caloric intake and mild weight gain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sure: The real question is why you would want to. A lifestyle change is far more effective. Your muscle mass is a function of your genetics and how hard you force your muscles to work in your job or fitness regimen. Your body fat is calories in versus calories out. Many people who take protease inhibitors for HIV prefer a low body fat look because fat when present tends to distribute in odds ways. ...Read more
Tsh 12hypothyroid with weight loss. After taking levothyroxine 75 mcg I gained weight in normal bmi.All gaining weight with hypo but I lost why?
Weight gain: Weight gain is always a product of calories in versus calories out. Meaning, if you have increased your exercise, and burn more calories, and decreased your food intake, or take in less calories, you loose weight. Thus, if you start eating more, or start exercising less, you will gain weight back. This happens in pro athletes after an injury, they gain weight rapidly-they burn less calories. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hyperthyroid and weight gain
- Subclinical hyperthyroidism weight gain
- Can you gain weight with hyperthyroidism?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have hyperthyroidism and gain weight?
- Is weight loss a symptom of hyperthyroidism?
- How to lose weight with hyperthyroidism?
- Hyperthyroidism and gerd weight loss
- Talk to a endocrinologist online for free