Doctor insights on:
Hyperpigmentation is also known as Increased skin pigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is a medical term describing areas of skin that are darker than the rest of the skin. It can be present from birth or caused by a number of conditions.
Inflammation: Any rash can inflame the basal layer of skin where the pigment cells are and cause the pigment to drop into the dermis causing hyperpigmentation. This will resolve with time but can be diminished with prescription creams. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It will: The skin will be a darker color than the rest of the skin. ...Read more
Need more info: What sort of hyperpigmentation are we talking about? It's a descriptive term (darkened skin), not a diagnosis. There are literally dozens of causes for it, most of which are harmless, but we need more information to give you an honest answer to your question. ...Read more
Alcohol: Retained keratinocytes, or skin cells, can often be removed using an alcohol soaked gauze or cotton pad and gentle rubbing. If the area doesn't change it is possible hyperpigmentation. ...Read more
Chemical peel vs IPL: Depending on your skin tone, either a chemical peel or ipl would be a good option. Ipl is not great for darker skin types or asians. But chemical peel has a few days of downtime. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bio oil scar treatments for hyperpigmentation
- What is the cause of hyperpigmentation is it related to high levels of acth?
- Olive oil for hyperpigmentation
- Eczema hyperpigmentation
- Lemon/lime juice and hyperpigmentation
- Witch hazel for hyperpigmentation
- How do you cure hyperpigmentation on your upper lip and penis?
- Causes hyperpigmentation lips
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free