Doctor insights on:
Longer in adults: 1 - 2 weeks for an adult. Depends upon how large the hydrocele pre-operatively and whether pressure dressing &/or athletic supporter was used & physical activity post-operatively. Children recover recover much quicker & in a few days; less time the younger they are. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hydrocele medication: Your surgeon will give you pain medication to take as needed after the operation. He/she will decide if you need any antibiotcs. Many patients do not, but sometimes antibiotics are given if the surgeon decides to leave a drain in for a day or two to limit swelling. You will also likely have a scrotal support. You will be given a full list of intructions with prescriptions after your operation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Variable 1 - 6 weeks: Recovery time depends upon patient age + technique. Babies and young boys recover within days, surgery is simple, quick + relatively atraumatic. Adults take onger, 4 - 6 weeks + occasionally longer. In so called "lord procedure" hydrocele sac is rolled up + retained needs longer recovery than the more simple "bottle procedure" where sac is partiall excised and sutured round back of testicle. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ice Pack: The use of the oral medications that your parents will give you, as well as the use of an ice-pack will take care of most of the discomfort. You are going to feel uncomfortable for several days after this surgery, but the pain will not be severe. Hope you get better soon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Safe...: This surgery is safe, you will not have pain ( anasthesia ), As the sac is everted...no recurrence occurs. But find a experienced surgeon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i cure hydrocele without surgery?
- How soon after hydrocele surgery can i masturbate?
- Hydrocele surgery recovery time
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hydrocele treatment without surgery
- How soon after hydrocele surgery will my scrotum be back to its normal size?
- Side effects of hydrocele surgery
- What causes a hydrocele after hernia surgery?
- Talk to a urologist online for free