Doctor insights on:
Humira If Had Cancer
Perhaps: Humira is an immune system modulator. No one would take this medication to turn down the immune system (with the potential that a new cancer might not be noticed) unless there was a greater problem at hand. If your rheumatoid arthritis is tolerable, as is, then please don't start on this medication. On the other hand, life is a series of trade-offs. Take this medicine if it is worth it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Very unlikely: Might stimulate infection.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: Humira is associated with an increased incident of infections. You must be TB test negative and a negative screening test for heapatitis. There is a small long term risk of congestive heart failure, neurological problems and rarely lymphoma. Transplant drugs , not biologics are linked to increases risk of skin cancer after 5 years of use. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My doctor sent me a letter after a biopsy that says mildly atypical lesion, was on Humira for 2 years. What does this mean?
Need more info: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, What tissue was biopsied? Mildly atypical is no reason to be concerned. There was no cancer in the tissue examined. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco or alcohol in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i still do humira shots if i have had skin cancer recently?
- What are my chances of getting cervical cancer if my mom had it?
- What are the chances of getting pancreatic cancer if my great grandpa had it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If had dcis am i at risk for ovarian cancer
- Can you give blood if you have had cancer?
- Do you increase your chance of getting cancer if your humira dosage is doubled?
- Can you get cervical cancer even if you had hpv shot?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free