Doctor insights on:
Humidify Oxygen Therapy Other Mist
Is there a way to humidify home continuous oxygen therapy to a trach other than an hme or 50psi mist?
Vapotherm: By friends at nbrh rt vapotherm used to be there now off market try ebay. ...Read more
O2: Affects the body by increasing the delivery of o2 to the tissues that need it. This is only effective when there is o2 deprivation state as in hypoxemia of many causes or sepsis or in some poisoning to reverse the occupation of the poison on the hemoglobin so o2 can be carried and delivered. It can kill anaerobic bacteria. In other cases, it is all without proof of need. O2 is kreb's cycle. ...Read more
Prolongs life: In people who qualify for oxygen after a work up and deem to need oxygen, from COPD or other lung problems, it is the only medicine or treatment to prolong life. All the other treatments like steroids and bronchodilators are there improve the quality of life but don't prolong life. ...Read more
Oxygen for diving: Hyperbaric oxygen is used to "displace" nitrogen that accumulates in the blood during dives where you breath compressed air. Nitrogen is less readily dissolved in your blood, and can "bubble up" (open a bottle of soda or beer, and the co2 bubbles up- "carbonation"). Nitrogen bubbles in the blood cause "the bends" (e.g. Pe painful joint involvement, or serious brain involvement causing a stroke). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is a cool mist or warm mist humidifier better for nose bleeds?
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any dangers of hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
- How to position a cool mist humidifier?
- Can other meds be taken to counteract the side effects of hormone therapy?
- Cool mist humidifier for babies
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free