Doctor insights on:
Human Egg Fertilization Process
A fetus: A fetus is a human form. These are human cells dividing and growing. ...Read more
Here are some...: Fertilization takes place only the egg & one lucky sperm meet at right time & place, and under right environment; specifically speaking, ovulated egg sucks into Fallopian tube in waiting mode, and sperms-rich semen ejaculate in the depth of vagina, from where the sperms released from liquefied semen start to move and swim "upstream" into cervix, through uterine cavity, and into F-tube to fertilize ...Read more
Its ok: I would focus on the encouraging sign that you had 16 fertilized eggs. Hopefully they will continue to develop ...Read more
Is it true that male sperm can not fertilize an egg unless it goes through a process called capacitation which takes about 10 hours to complete?
Can sperm still fertilize an egg 24 hours after ovulation? If yes, will the sperm need another 12 hours for the capacitation process?
Yes they can: Fertilization can definitely take place 24 hours after ovulation. The capacitation usually takes place shortly after ejaculation and is facilitated by the uterine environment. It doesn't take 12 hours to occur. If you don't want to worry about an unwanted pregnancy or hiv/std, be more careful and don't have unprotected sex. ...Read more
I was in the process of IVF and after egg retrieval my eggs did not fertilize. When should my period start? I was not on progesterone.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Process of fertilization in humans
- How fertilization of an egg affects the process of menstruation?
- What is the process of fertilization?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Fertilization process timeline
- Process of fertilization and implantation
- Describe the process of fertilization
- Explain the process of fertilization
- Ivf egg fertilization process