Doctor insights on:
Humalog Insulin Sliding Scale
Rapid acting insulin: Like other Insulin analogs Humalog (insulin lispro) (lispro) is a rapid acting meal time insulin. It can be injected before or immediately after meal. It has a quick onset, short duration of action, less variation in absorption and decrease chances of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) if use appropriately. Indicated for management of diabetes mellitus. Humalog (insulin lispro) is administered subcutaneously only. Can be use in pumps. ...Read more
Always works: Taking insulin will always work to lower your blood sugar. It is simply a matter of taking the correct amount. However, if you eat a poor diet that is high in sugars and carbs, you can "out eat" the effect of any medication for diabetes, including insulin. Diet and exercise are still the most important treatments for diabetes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It's really good.: Humalog (insulin lispro) is a brand of rapid-acting Insulin produced by eli lilly & co. Here in the usa. It is given at meals (or in an Insulin pump), to provide quick-onset action to control blood sugars at meals. There are a couple of other brands of rapid-acting Insulin on the market (novolog, apidra), but they all have about the same action. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Humalog sliding scale
- Modified insulin sliding scale
- Types of sliding scale insulin
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the pupose of sliding scale insulin?
- Diabetes sliding scale insulin administration
- Humalog sliding
- What is the purpose of sliding scale insulin dosing?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free