Doctor insights on:
Hrt Breakthrough Bleeding
Usually done to provide the hormones that would be deficient upon surgical removal or inactivity or malfunction of a hormone producing gland or organ. The endocrinologist is the medical specialist that specializes amongst other things , in doing just that. Insulin/glucagon-pancreas, thyroid hormone-thyroid, ovaries, testicles, hypothalamus, ...Read more
During HRT in a postmenopausal woman, does the endometrial cycle continue under the effect of the hormones? Does she have breakthrough bleeding?
Breakthrough bleed: Breakthrough bleeding (bleeding at the wrong time) is very common on birth control. It happens in about 1/3 of users. Its no big deal and usually self corrects over time. If you are not satisfied or it continues to happen then consider using a different birth control method. It is a common side effect and does not mean something is wrong or that the pill is not working. ...Read more
Not necessary: This is more of a personal choice. Medically it is not unhealthy to have intercourse on your menses or with breakthrough bleeding. Many couples will only have intercourse on their menses because then they know they can't get pregnant. But if this is not acceptable to you or your partner just avoid those days. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Breakthrough bleeding on hrt
- Breakthrough bleeding
- Treatment of breakthrough bleeding
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Stopping breakthrough bleeding
- What are the causes of breakthrough bleeding?
- Fishy odor and breakthrough bleeding
- Pregnancy breakthrough bleeding period
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free