Doctor insights on:
Hpv Transmitted Orally
How is oral HPV transmitted to to mouth. And the female is HPV cervical dysplasia and performs just oral sex one time is it still transmitted.
Oral Sex: In this ongoing quest to give you information about a virus that is ambiguous and difficult to describe and test for, the female in this situation is at so much more risk than the male. The male, if he has not cleared the hpv he got as a younger person, is much more likely to be passing this on to the female than the other way around. ...Read more
HPV in Women: 96% of americans are exposed to at least one of the hpv strains by the time they are 26. The bigger story in women is that this problem manifests first in their cervix. Oral hpv is real. But, there is no test or treatment yet. But, we can follow this in the pap smears. All humans, regardless of their age or gender or exposure history should have the hpv vaccination. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Extremly unlikely: HPV is rarely if ever transmitted mouth to genitals. It can be acquired in the mouth by oral sex, but rarely goes in the other direction. However, you can expect to have HPV someday; almost all sexually active people are eventually infected, mostly from genital or anal sex, not oral. That's why you and all young people need HPV vaccine, to prevent infection with the most troublesome HPV types. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it possible to get oral hpv after 22 years Have past since I have been with the partner that gave it to me?
Very unlikely: Confusing question. Are you saying you caught genital HPV from a partner 22 years ago, and now wonder whether you could have inoculated your own mouth/throat recently? That is very unlikely, since your genital infection probably is long gone. If you wonder whether you caught oral HPV 22 years ago, it might have happened. But if so that infection probably also is long gone. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is oral hpv transmitted?
- Can hpv be transmitted through oral?
- Can you get hpv from receiving oral?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is my boyfriend at risk for catching hpv after oral sex with me if i have it?
- How long does it take to get oral cancer if you catch hpv at 25y?
- Can trichomoniasis be transmitted orally?
- My boyfriend has hpv does that mean that i will get oral cancer because of this
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free