Doctor insights on:
Hpv Abnormal Pap Smear How Long To Get
HPV is tricky: Hpv can show up on your pap smear quickly or years later. The good news: healthy young women may clear hpv. The bad news: some will progress to cancer. Men have no symptoms and you can even get hpv through a condom. If any of his past girl friends have had a bad pap smear or been to the gyn a lot for unknown reasons, do not have sex with him until you are married. He is not worth the risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
An abnormal Pap smear may indicate an infection or abnormal cells called dysplasia. Having an abnormal Pap smear does not always mean you have cancer. It can be caused by infeciton, STD's, HPV, trichomoniasis, herpes, inflammation, or pre-cancerous cells. It's important to have close follow-up with your physician to get the appropriate workup and testing if you have ...Read more
My mom said that as a result of abnormal Pap smear, she had to get silver nitrate on her cervix. Was this caused by hpv?
Almost: Iy is estimated that over 98% of abnormal paps are caused by hpv and over 99% of cervical cancers are caused by hpv. The pap smear is looking at the cervical cells, hpv is the virus that can infect and affect those cells. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was just diagnosed with HPV 53 having a abnormal pap smear. What information can you give me about this particular type. How common is it?
Had few abnormal pap smear&colposcopy showed minor changes, had few more paps came back abnormal with HPV got to have another colposcopy can you help?
Colposcopy best : Colposcopy is the best way to evaluate abnormal pap smears. Fortunately women in their 20's can fight off hpv infections without specific treatment but it may take 1-2 years to do so. So long as no high grade changes are seen, one can just wait it out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to get pap smear results?
- How long does it take to get oral cancer if you catch hpv at 25y?
- Can you get abnormal pap smear due to pregnancy?
- How can pap smear be abnormal if no cervix does hyst remove risk from hpv?
- How long does it take to get hpv?
- How often is it suggested to have a colposcopy if you had an abnormal pap smear?
- How long does it take to get smear test results?
- How long after a woman is infected with hpv can she develop an abnormal pap?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free