Doctor insights on:
How You Get Measles
Confusing question: Wild measles is thought to provide lifetime immunity. The vaccine has been available in some form since 1963, but the early dosing schedule did not confer immunity to all. By the 1990's a second dose brought most into full immunity.If you had wild measles you are likely immune. Many viruses produce similar rashes and some labeled measles were likely something else. ...Read more
Depends: A lot of what people label is measles is really not. There are a lot of viral & some bacterial diseases that produce extensive measles like rashes so getting measles from your sister require that it really be measles. You could get what she has if you've never had it just by living with her. If you were vaccinated your risks are minimal. If not you will know soon. ...Read more
Can you get measles or any other disease from a parcel that was delivered from a different country ? Basically can diseases live on packages and the items that come with it?
Usually not: Viruses usually need living hosts to survive. Measles virus is intracellular. The virus spreads by the respiratory route via aerosol droplets and respiratory secretions which can remain infectious for several hours. The infection is acquired through the upper respiratory tract or conjunctiva. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get rid of measles?
- Can you get measles twice?
- How do you treat measles?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get measles from the vaccine?
- Can you still get measles after vaccination?
- Can you get measles from mmr vaccine?
- Can you get measles after mmr?
- Talk to a dermatologist online