Doctor insights on:
How You Get Measles
Can you get measles or any other disease from a parcel that was delivered from a different country ? Basically can diseases live on packages and the items that come with it?
Usually not: Viruses usually need living hosts to survive. Measles virus is intracellular. The virus spreads by the respiratory route via aerosol droplets and respiratory secretions which can remain infectious for several hours. The infection is acquired through the upper respiratory tract or conjunctiva. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: A lot of what people label is measles is really not. There are a lot of viral & some bacterial diseases that produce extensive measles like rashes so getting measles from your sister require that it really be measles. You could get what she has if you've never had it just by living with her. If you were vaccinated your risks are minimal. If not you will know soon. ...Read more
Confusing question: Wild measles is thought to provide lifetime immunity. The vaccine has been available in some form since 1963, but the early dosing schedule did not confer immunity to all. By the 1990's a second dose brought most into full immunity.If you had wild measles you are likely immune. Many viruses produce similar rashes and some labeled measles were likely something else. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get rid of measles?
- How long after an medical abortion do you get your period?
- How long after unprotected sex do you need to get a std screening?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get rid of the fish smell from my penis?
- How do clean a dildo after uses so you dont get an infection?
- How soon can you get pregnant while taking provera and metformin?
- How long after an abortion do you get your period?
- Talk to a dermatologist online