Doctor insights on:
How Would Physical Therapy Help Arthritis Of The Knees
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
I have arthritis in both of my knees. My orthopedic told me not to waste my time with physical therapy or medication. Any other way to relieve pain?
PHYSICAL THERAPY HASN'T HELPED MY PATELLA FEMORAL SYNDROME IN BOTH KNEES AND ARTHRITIS. I just had 2 injections on Friday and have been in pain. What do I do?
Physical therapy steroid injections and meds hvnt helped my knees MRI shows loss of cartilage bone on bone due to severe arthritis do I nd surgery?
10-12 weeks: Recovery typically occurs at 10% per week so it takes 2-3 months to recover. Pain after that is a sign that something else might be wrong like a chondral (cartilage) injury of the knee. This is best diagnosed with an MRI or MRI arthrogram (an MRI done with dye inside the knee). ...Read more
Physical therapy-Yes: Physical therapy is routinely recommended for most patients after undergoing knee surgery from arthroscopy to knee replacement. Trained and licensed physical therapists can help guide the rehabilitation process based upon guidance from your surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do you think I should get closed manipulation, physical therapy every day, or a brace to bend my knee?
Diagnosed with plica syndrome. Had physical therapy for 3 months...knee still hurts. Should I consider surgery?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Physical therapy for knee arthritis
- Can torn cartlidge in the knee be helped by physical therapy?
- Knee injury physical therapy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Physical therapy for basal thumb arthritis
- How much physical therapy is required after knee replacement surgery?
- How long will i need physical therapy after a knee joint replacement?
- How can physical therapy help heal a thoracic muscle strain in back?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free