Doctor insights on:
How Will I Know When I Have Recovered From An Acute Hepatitis B Infection
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Can you tell me if a person gets infected with acute hepatitis b. How much time does he take to recover?
Awhile: It can take up to 6 months for a person to feel normal again. The liver enzymes may improve, but patients can experience fatigue for quite some time. You should be followed, because up to 5% of persons infected with acute hbv can develop chronic disease. ...Read more
Time: As implied by the names, acute hepatitis b is the illness syndrome when you are first exposed to hepatitis b. This includes abdominal pain, GI disturbance, fever, flu like symptoms, and sometimes jaundice. Hepatitis b can be deadly. Chronic hep b is the long term disease which may cause nothing, may cause some mild abdominal symptoms, and then may lead to full blown cirrhosis and inflammation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably not.: I have not seen any data that this is the case. ...Read more
Should any medicine like interferon be taken in the early to mid stages of acute hepatitis b?(2-3 weeks in)
Hepatitis b is a viral liver disease. Until vaccines were developed this was a very common cause of hepatitis, and still is in some countries. Hep b is a progressive chronic disease which can lead to cirrhosis and also to cancer of the liver. It is also implicated in the causation ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know when i have a yeast infection?
- How to recover from sinus infection?
- How would i know if i have a yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if i have a lung infection?
- How do i know if i have a yeast infection?
- How do i know if i have a bacterial infection?
- How do you know when to be hospitalized when you have influenza type b?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free