Doctor insights on:
How Will Having A Pulmonary Embolism Affect My Baby
Usually a blood clot that migrates from one area of the body to another. Most commonly a clot from a leg vein to the lung . It can also pertain to a clot, or atheromatous material that moves from one segment to another, such as cholesterol material in a carotid lesion moving into the ...Read more
How old?: If you are taking about a child with pulmonary embolism , this is very serious and of course treatment is anticoagulant like Heparin then Coumadin (warfarin) .. Also need investigations for risk factors . Pe in children is very rare less than 5 in 100000. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What it says: A blod clot in the lung normally did not form there, it got there after traveling from its point of origin. 90% of these clots start in the veins of the legs, the rest come from the arms, or the pelvis. Alternatively, it might be a clumsy way of saying that they don't know why it happened. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ask your doc: If you have persistent shortness of breath more than a few weeks after a pulmonary embolism you should be seen by a doctor who can evaluate whether the pe has sufficiently resolved and to evaluate whether you now have pulmonary hypertension as a result of the pe. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If disabled: While pulmonary embolism can be life threatening in acute setting, properly treated often does not result in significant disability. If you have a valid medical disability, your family physician can help in obtaining appropriate services and benefits. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can you have a pulmonary embolism?
- How dangerous is a pulmonary embolism?
- How long can you have symptoms of pulmonary embolism?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How will having a blood clot disorder affect my baby when pregnant?
- Is is risky to have an abortion after a pulmonary embolism?
- Can you have a pulmonary embolism and not know it?
- Im pregnant and have laryngitis will it affect my baby
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free