Doctor insights on:
How Will Compression Neuropathies Affect Other Parts Of My Health
Compression neuropathy is a condition in which a person has undesirable changes in a nerve due to pressure on the nerve. The "pins and needles" sensation one gets after sleeping on top of an arm is a mild, temporary nerve compression symptom. Carpal tunnel syndrome from compression of a nerve in the wrist is a ...Read more
Try a brace: The most common compression neuropathy is carpal tunnel syndrome. This is a pinched nerve in the wrist that causes numbness and tingling in her fingers. You can try wearing a wrist brace that you can buy over-the-counter in the pharmacy. Wear the brace at night when you sleep, this prevents the wrist from bending down this takes the pressure off the nerve relieving the symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Most Likely: The most common compression neuropathy is carpal tunnel syndrome. Compression neuropathies can be mild and no problem or can be severe leading to permanent tingling, numbness, and weakness. What area is the compression neuropathy? And how symptomatic is she? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My pediatrician says my child may have compression neuropathies, but I don't understand. What does it mean?
My toe vein on my left foot hurting so bad. Is it possible to have compression neuropathies in your lower extremeties?
I work really hard to stay in shape and eat right. Now I have a diagnosis of neuropathy. What else can I do so that it doesn't affect my overall health?
Many things: Maintain ideal body weight (bmi 18-24), avoid alcohol, treat any underlying condition that is causing the neuropathy (diabetes, thyroid condition, rheumatoid arthritis, emphysema/copd, sleep apnea), take a b complex vitamin once daily, and check your feet daily for sores. Neuropathy may cause pain, numbness, tingling, imbalance, & weakness; only rare & severe types of neuropathy cause disability. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How will herpes simplex affect other parts of my health?
- How will aortic stenosis affect other parts of my body?
- How will low platelets affect other parts of my body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i get rit of a lipoma and how does affect it to my health?
- How will deep venous thrombosis affect my health?
- How will barretts esophagus affect my health going forward?
- How will chlamydia infection affect my chances of getting pregnant?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free