Doctor insights on:
How To Use Retin A When You Have Facial Hair
Purpose: It depends on why you are using retina. If you are using retina for acne, i would suggest just using it on the areas of the skin which are clean shaven. If you do not plan on shaving the area where you want to use the retina, application may be difficult getting the medicine to the skin. Be sure to let your face dry completely before applying to limit irritation. ...Read more
No.: I know of no evidence that it does. The same hormones that cause acne can also cause unwanted facial hair, so people treating their acne with Retin-A might erroneously blame their Retin-A for any hormonally-induced facial hair. That's the only way i can think of that such a misconception could take root. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hello. Have you seen any studies that indicate the efficacy of using Retin A with Minoxidil to restore hair growth?
I recently stop using spironolactone that was prescribed for acne. In the last 3 weeks i started using retin a. I am now experiencing hair loss.?
Could tretinoin cause hair growth? I heard from some women who experienced facial hair growth from using it, is that possible?
Other than retin-a, what other topical therapies are evidence based for treating facial wrinkles and/or aging in general?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to unplug your ears when you have a cold?
- Is is safe to use a tampon when you have a uti?
- How to use a humidifier when you are on chemo?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to lose weight when you have a hypothalamus problem?
- How to know when you have a blood clot?
- How to stop liking someone when you have a boyfriend?
- How to know when you have a miscarriage?
- Talk to a dermatologist online