Doctor insights on:
How To Treat Underactive Thyroid
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
I was detected with underactive thyroid since birth...Will it affect me if i want to have kids one day? I been treated since birth
I wake up in the morning in a pile of sweat. Why could this be? I do have an underactive thyroid which is being treated and take anti anxiety meds?
Sweat: It's time to see your doctor and find out what might be the problem. ...Read more
Hypothyroidism (Adult) (Definition)
Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not secrete enough of the thyroid hormones. Symptoms include cold intolerance, constipation, and fatigue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Underactive thyroid
- How to tell if you have an underactive thyroid?
- How to treat a goiter on the thyroid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much sea kelp should someone with an underactive thyroid take?
- What is an underactive thyroid level?
- Underactive thyroid but no weight gain
- Is an underactive thyroid dangerous?
- How to lose weight with an underactive thyroid?