Doctor insights on:
How To Treat Swollen Eyes After Crying
See below: This is a problem that requires a face-to-face meeting with your doctor. In that meeting, your doctor will listen to you, perform a throrough examination and possibly order labs or other tests. Based on this information, he/she will be able to tell you what's wrong and what to do about it. ...Read more
Crying in infancy is described as a loud, high-pitched sound made by infants in response to certain situations. Infants have a cry reflex that is a normal response to some stimuli, such as pain or hunger. Older children and adults cry for emotional reasons such as pain, fear, sadness, or frustration. Premature infants may not have a cry reflex, so they must be monitored closely for signs ...Read more
Cool compresses: Crying and emotional stress causes excess fluid to accumulate under the skin of the eyelids. Cool compresses (a wet washcloth wrapped around a piece of ice, for example) will constrict the small blood vessels under the skin and stop them from leaking water, allowing the fluid to reabsorb quicker. It will also help not to lie down, so less blood will rush to the face. ...Read more
Depends on the cause: Without more information, it is hard to say what would work. If the swelling is from a stye, hot compresses, but if allergies, cold works better. You need to see an eye doctor to get an idea of the cause before the appropriate treatment can be chosen. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to fix puffy eyes after crying?
- How to get rid of swollen red eyes from crying?
- How to prevent puffy eyes after crying?
- How to treat skin irritants around eyes after using roach spray?
- How to reduce swollen eyes from crying?
- How to cure swollen eyes from crying?
- How to treat a swollen ear piercing?
- How long after eye dilation do eyes return to normal?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free