Doctor insights on:
How To Treat Infection Of The Uterine Lining After Childbirth
Uterine tenderness: Uterine tenderness is one of the most common symptoms. Obs use the term "tenderness" or "tender" to refer to discomfort or pain in the uterus, typically when pushing gently on the uterus. There can also be signs like a foul-smelling vaginal discharge, fever, etc. In cases of postpartum endometritis. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Sitz baths: Try taking sitz baths with 4-5 tablespoons added to the water several times a day vinegar serves as an antibacterial. ...Read more
Most likely not: A uterine infection, medically known as endometritis, is a medical condition in which the lining of the uterus actually becomes irritated or inflamed. According to medlineplus, this uterine infection typically occurs after having a miscarriage or even after a long childbirth. Symptoms include pelvic or stomach pain and vaginal bleeding or discharge. Fortunately, antibiotic medications can treat it. ...Read more
Just had an ultrasound shows fibroids, also 9.5 thick uterus lining. Can this be treated without surgery?
Yes: This depends on what symptoms the fibroids are causing. Besides surgery, fibroids may be treated by choking off blood supply with vessel embolization or ablation with ultrasound waves. You should consult a gyn & an interventional radiologist. 9.5 mm endometrium is considered abnormally thick for post-menopausal women. Gyn consult recommended. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to prevent infection of the uterine lining after childbirth?
- How long should infection of the uterine lining after childbirth last?
- Need help with infection of the uterine lining after childbirth
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to infection of the uterine lining after childbirth?
- Worst infection of the uterine lining after childbirth symptom
- Infection of the uterine lining
- Uterine lining after miscarriage
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free