Doctor insights on:
How To Treat Gunshot Wound
Poorly!: Any gun shot wound requires evaluation by a physician. Even through-and-through GSW's can injure adjacent nerves, blood vessels and organs due to the "blast effect." This is the shock wave that moves ahead of the bullet through the tissue like a violent form of the ripples that spread outward from a rock thrown into a pond. There will never be an easier time to get treated than immediately! ...Read more
Surgery!: I am going to assume you mean the organ "stomach" and not just the area of the body "stomach." A gunshot wound to the stomach would be repaired in the operating room with the patient asleep. An incision in the midline of the abdomen would be made to allow for careful examination of all the organs in the abdomen, including the stomach. Injuries would be sewn up and then the abdominal cavity rinsed. ...Read more
Call 911: Direct pressure remain calm and quiteGet a more detailed answer ›
Doctors have you ever treated any gang members for gunshot wound or something related? How was the experience?
Depends on…: Size & depth of wound, amount of internal damage, location of wound, whether blood supply to area was compromised, individual healing patterns, presence of comorbid conditions like diabetes, infection. Surgeon that treated wound should be best source for healing time estimate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to treat a thin skin shin wound?
- How to treat a stab wound?
- How to treat a head wound?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to treat wound infection quickly?
- How to treat an infected wound?
- How to treat a bleeding wound?
- How to treat a cat bite wound?
- Talk to a trauma surgeon online for free