Doctor insights on:
How To Treat Costochondritis Quickly
Pain meds, Steroids: Unless there is an infectious component to your condition, the main first-line treatment is taking NSAID medications, such as ibuprofen. If this does not work after 3-4 weeks, occasionally a steroid injection can help. In some patients with underlying GI problems, certain medications called ppis (such as prilosec) can also be effective. The condition typically lasts from a few weeks to a year. ...Read more
How to treat costochondritis and how long does it take to heal? I have visited the doctor and I have finished the given medication.
Costochondritis: Usually treated with non steroidal agents and rest. Sometimes injections required. Course can be protracted although most resolve within a few months. Can often recur, but most patients outgrow this at some point. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to treat costochondritis?
- Treat costochondritis
- How to treat sunburn quickly?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to treat osteoporosis quickly?
- How to treat anthrax quickly?
- How to treat pancreatitis quickly?
- How to treat oxyuriasis quickly?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free