Doctor insights on:
How To Treat Cat Scratch Disease
Azithromycin: Cat scratch disease is a bacterial uinfection caused by bartonella henselae and b. Clarridgeiae. There are 25, 000 cases annually in the us. It is characterized by a papule or pustule at the site of innoculation with swollen regional lymph node swelling. Csd is usually treated with a 5 day course of azithromycin/zithromax. ...Read more
Infectious disease caused by the bacterium bartonella henselae. It is most commonly found in children following a scratch or bite from a cat after about one to two weeks after the scratch. Lymph gland swelling in neck and under the arms are common. The disease is self-limiting, and is usually treated without anti-biotics in normal ...Read more
I am busy with my work and family and don't have time for cat scratch disease. How can I treat it fast?
Ain't MacDonald's...: Though luckily the infection is self-limiting in people with intact immune systems, it may take weeks if not a month or two before it goes away. Think of it as a fine french restaurant in which one may wait for a long time for a morsel of food...Be patient! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How often do people contract cat scratch disease? How is it treated? Is treatment necessary? How long is recovery?
CSD: Cat-scratch disease (CSD) s a common and usually benign infectious disease caused by a bacterium, either Bartonella henselae or Bartonella quintana. It is most commonly found in children following a scratch or bite from a cat within about one to two weeks. It generally doesn't require any treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to treat periodontal disease with grapefruit seed extract?
- How to treat osgood slaughters disease?
- How to use olive leaf extract to treat pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to treat christmas disease?
- How long should cat scratch disease last?
- How to treat thyroid disease with linseed oil?
- How to treat osgood schlatters disease?
- Talk to a dermatologist online