Doctor insights on:
How To Treat Blocked Tear Duct Quickly
Blocked Tear (Nasolacrimal) Duct (Definition)
Blocked tear duct is a condition typically affecting newborns in which the pathway that tears use to travel from the surface of the eye into the nose is blocked, resulting in tears overflowing down the cheek. ...Read more
Tearing: You need to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist especially one who deals with this all the time. It can be as simple as probing the equivalent of snaking out a blocked pipe like plumber or be as extensive to require exploratory surgery with possible bypass or reconstruction. This is a complex evaluation and can be a sign of other problems causing secondary signs. ...Read more
Depends: If in a child you can keep it clean and use massage against the nose to help it open. If in an adult, you need an ophthalmologist to determine whether the block is in the upper or lower system with different treatment for each. You cannot clean it out yourself but can massage to clear out accumulated debris until you get it medically fixed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treat blocked tear duct
- How to treat blocked tear ducts in adults?
- How to treat a blocked tear duct in adults?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to unclog a blocked tear duct?
- How to treat blocked bowels quickly?
- How to treat clogged tear duct?
- How to clear a blocked tear duct in adults?
- Talk to a pediatrician online