Doctor insights on:
How To Treat A Fractured Collarbone
3 options: Options include simple sling for 3-4 weeks, figure of 8 brace for 4-6 weeks, or surgery. Most clavicle fractures heal within 10-12 weeks without surgical intervention, but if the fracture is significantly displaced or shifted then surgery may be a better option for best results. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Offloading/No weight: Hi, Usually the best treatment for a bruised heel weather its a soft tissue or bone bruise to the area is to Offload the area and rest it from the usually forces that go through it during weight bearing and gait. The use of a CAM walker can be helping in reducing the majority of pressure along the heel and help you maintain your everyday activity. It may be necessary to fully Offload + crutches. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to treat stress fracture?
- How to treat fractured ribs?
- How to treat a fractured thumb?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to treat finger fracture quickly?
- How to treat a hairline fracture in the ankle?
- How to treat tibial stress fracture?
- How to treat hairline fracture in foot?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free