Doctor insights on:
How To Tell What Is Impetigo
What do impetigo blisters look like, and how can I tell the difference between impetigo and a regular rash?
Impetigo : You can use round small bandaids. Try to keep exposed to air while at home to dry up . Good luck ...Read more
Impetigo: just apply a small bandaid on it it would look less conspicuous ...Read more
Is it possible to get impetigo on your buttocks from a cut ? I can't tell if the cuts are just infected or irritated from the rubbing of clothing.
Yes: Minor cuts can often become infected with staph and become crusted on the surface. This yellow golden crusted area is known as impetigo. Bactroban (mupirocin) ointment is a prescription that is highly effective at treating this even if the staph aureus involved is mrsa. If you have recurrent lesions, treating the inner nostrils with the ointment for 1 week each month may prevent outbreaks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have been struggling for a few years with a staph infection on my face. I have had doctors tell me its staph, impetigo, and just acne. I have been o?
Get another opinion.: I suggest you find a doctor who can find the correct diagnosis. Seek a consultation with an internist, dermatologist and plastic surgeon. Be certain to tell them every medication you are taking. Ask them to run any needed tests to find the definitive diagnosis. Don't give up and get discouraged. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the appropriate time and how to tell someone that you have condyloma?
- How do you tell if a cough is due to lung congestion or just sinus drainage?
- How to tell if your liver is inflamed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if the pain is an ovarian cyst or appendicitis?
- How to tell if a cyst is infected?
- How to tell if ringworm is healing?
- How to tell if there is blood in your stool?
- Talk to a dermatologist online