Doctor insights on:
How To Tell The Difference Between Norovirus And Rotavirus
Several: Rotavirus and norovirus infections are generally limited to the GI tract. Although influenza may also produce GI symptoms, the upper and occasionally lower respiratory tract symptoms, degree of fever, generalized muscle aches and degree of malaise are far more than one could reasonably expect from the first two viruses. ...Read more
Doesn't matter: Although virologists can distinguish these, clinically it doesn't matter which a person has. Both are highly contagious, diarrheal organisms that are typically nonlethal but can put vulnerable patients, esp the very young and very old, at risk. Both are treated supportively with hydration, and prevention of spread is key. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Let your doctor know: It is always good policy to, and most physicians welcome when you, express medical concerns. Never hesitate to communicate with your doctor--he needs to hear from you. The two most important pieces of information upon which a physician bases his diagnosis and treatment plan is 1) patient history and 2) physical exam. Thanks in advance for helping us help you, so call or e-mail him/her soon. ...Read more
If my baby got sick after her first rotavirus vaccination, should I tell the doctor not to give her the next one?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between the rotavirus and the norovirus?
- How to tell difference between pms and pregnancy symptoms?
- How to tell the difference between period and pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell the difference between viral and bacterial meningitis?
- How to tell difference between heart attack and indigestion?
- How to tell the difference between period and pregnancy symptoms?
- How to tell difference between heartburn and heart attack?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online