Doctor insights on:
Canker Sore Vs. Oral Cancer
Pain: A canker sore is usually painful but likely will resolve in 10-15 days. Oral cancer is usually not painful until later stages. It can have many different appearances so it's not easy to diagnose visually. It will not resolve in 2 weeks. See a dentist, oral surgeon, or periodontist if the lesion is present for more than 2 weeks regardless of how it feels. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Canker sore: See the adjoining photo to see what a canker sore looks like. It's gone in 2 weeks at most. If you want to see what oral cancer looks like, do a google search as you will probably find at least a thousand pictures ; they all look different base on type, size, location and duration. If you have any lesion, especially one that last more than two weeks, see an oral surgeon for a definitive diagnosis. ...Read more
Not likely: Oral cancer is progressive. Most abnormalities in the oral cavity come and go. If you have an abnormal area that lasts for more than three weeks you should have someone examine it. You can reduce your risk of oral cancer by not smoking, not chewing tobacco, not drinking too much alcohol. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I dipped for 2 years and the other day I got a bump. It got bigger till it turned into what looks like a canker sore. But not white.Oral cancer?
You should see MD: You should see an oral surgeon and have it biopsied. Absolutely, need to rule out oral cancer. Nowadays incidence of oral cancer is increasing and this is related to hpv infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Could oral cancer hurt if you put salt on it like a canker sore or would the salt have no effect on it?
I have a canker sore for 6 months and it has not healed. Is it oral cancer? It is located on ground of my lips and does not hurt.
Not likely but it: needs to be examined. It is not feasible to provide a more informed opinion, without examining the lesion. It would be prudent to see your doctor or dentist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to tell the difference between a canker sore and oral herpes?
- How to tell the difference between a canker sore and mouth cancer?
- How do you tell the difference between a canker sore and oral cancer?
- How to tell the difference between norovirus and rotavirus?
- How to tell the difference between herpes and folliculitis?
- How to tell the difference between ringworm and impetigo?
- How to tell the difference between gonorrhea and chlamydia penis discharge?
- How to tell the difference between heat rash and allergic reaction in a child?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free