Doctor insights on:
How To Tell If You Have The Stomach Flu
The flu, otherwise known as influenza, is a viral infection of the nose and throat. Symptoms of influenza include fever, chills, runny nose, muscle aches, fatigue, malaise, headaches, and coughing. Children with the flu often have nausea and vomiting as well. Some strains of the flu are preventable by getting a yearly flu ...Read more
Don't know stomach : flu viruses. Zoonoses effecting dogs that can be directly or indirectly transmitted to humans & that involve the GI tract of one or the other include: Salmonellosis (bacteria), Giardiasis (intestinal protozoa), Strongyloidiasis (parasite) & Campylobacter enteritis (bacteria). Don't know of any intestinal flu that is transmitted between dog & human. ...Read more
Not a cure -: Start with clear liquid like water, soda that is clear, or sports hydration drinks. Sip often to prevent dehydration. Work up to solids with bland foods like bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, gelatin, or chicken. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, dairy & high fat foods. Rest. ...Read more
Can you tell me about how many times does the average person get the stomach flu in their lifetime?
Total guess...: No guarantees, but i'd guess about 12 for the United States, assuming living to full lifespan. I have nothing to back that up. Just a guess. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if you have a stomach ulcer?
- Symptoms of the stomach flu
- How to tell food poisoning from stomach flu?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if you have pneumonia?
- How to tell if you have marfan?
- How to tell if you have herpes?
- How to tell if you have scabies?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free