Doctor insights on:
How To Tell If You Have A Breast Lump
What does it feel like if a breast lump is mobile- as it's difficult to tell when it's deep in your breast?
Is it different?: Your job is to identify a change in your breast, not to figure out whether the new lump is worrisome or not. As soon as you find a new "thing", please see a doctor or other provider who can determine whether it needs further evaluation! you are right, lumps that are deeper in the breast are more difficult to identify. For this reason an ultrasound may well be appropriate. Could just be a cyst. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Breast Biopsy: It is very difficult to distinguish a benign breast lump from a cancer for patient and doctor. Depending upon age and physical examination findings, we will often get a mammogram and ultrasound to help evaluate a breast lump, sometimes culminating in a (nonsurgical) needle-biopsy--ultimately, the only way to be 100% certain is to look at the tissue under the microscope. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Only w/ microscope: Palpating the breast may show a lump. It is not possible to determine exactly what the lump is without a biopsy. To determine when a biopsy should be considered, docs consider patient age, prior history, whether the lump is changing or is associated with other signs like dimpling, family history and some other personal factors. A mammogram can increase or decrease concern as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to tell if you have a fever without a thermometer?
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- How to tell if you have a corn on your toe?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if you have a casein or whey allergy?
- How to tell if you have a collapsed lung?
- How to tell if you have a lung infection?
- How to tell if you have a polyp in esophagus?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free