Doctor insights on:
How To Tell If You Have A Blocked Artery
Depends: Arterial blockage caused by a clot can be treated with thrombolytics or surgery. Blockages caused by atherosclerosis can be treated by endovascular techniques or bypass surgery. The first step is medical therapy, which may relieve symptoms and make intervention a secondary option. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can you tell me how can someone with a huge fear of needles, surgery, doctors and hospitals clear a blocked artery?
Find meaning: Your physician can offer you medication for anxiety, and a short course of psychotherapy may help. But best of all -- think about the people who you love and who love you, and who would be affected by your death (and a blocked artery is life-and-death). Think of the meaningful things you'd miss. To be brave, act brave. I bet you'll find it is easier than you thought. You're brave just to ask. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
If your doctor says you have a blocked artery and you are still having problems at times and just keeps you on drugs what do you recomend?
Probably not: Unless is was a temporary blockage that quickly recovered (so the vision came back right away, i.e. Amaurosis). Sometimes neovascularization which can cause further vision loss can be treated. Otherwise systemic workup to prevent future blockages is prudent. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Blocked artery: There are many tools that can be used depending on how long the blockage has been present. These include balloon angioplasty, cutting balloons, stents, stent-grafts, Atherectomy, clot busting medications, or surgery to bypass around the blockage if you can't go through it. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- How to tell if you have a corn on your toe?
- How to tell if you have a pinched nerve?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if you have a collapsed lung?
- How to tell if you have a lung infection?
- How to tell if you have a polyp in esophagus?
- How to tell if you have a winged scapula?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free