Doctor insights on:
How To Tell If You Have A Blocked Artery
Depends: Arterial blockage caused by a clot can be treated with thrombolytics or surgery. Blockages caused by atherosclerosis can be treated by endovascular techniques or bypass surgery. The first step is medical therapy, which may relieve symptoms and make intervention a secondary option. ...Read more
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
If your doctor says you have a blocked artery and you are still having problems at times and just keeps you on drugs what do you recomend?
Depends: If you are unhappy with the current care you could ask your doctor if something else would help or see another doctor for an opinion. ...Read more
Probably not: Unless is was a temporary blockage that quickly recovered (so the vision came back right away, i.e. Amaurosis). Sometimes neovascularization which can cause further vision loss can be treated. Otherwise systemic workup to prevent future blockages is prudent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blocked artery: There are many tools that can be used depending on how long the blockage has been present. These include balloon angioplasty, cutting balloons, stents, stent-grafts, Atherectomy, clot busting medications, or surgery to bypass around the blockage if you can't go through it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- How to tell if you have a corn on your toe?
- How to tell if you have a pinched nerve?
- How to tell if you have a casein or whey allergy?
- How to tell if you have a collapsed lung?
- How to tell if you have a lung infection?
- How to tell if you have a polyp in esophagus?
- How to tell if you have a winged scapula?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free