Doctor insights on:
How To Tell If You Are Allergic To Vaseline
Bright red and stinging! how to tell if i had an allergic reaction and can I use vaseline to soothe it?
Vaseline is safe: Allergic reactions manifesting as skin rash can be red, itchy, burning, stinging, raised, blister-like or flat, limited or widespread. Itching is a very common symptom. Sometimes it is hard to tell, but a person should try to recall using a new soap, detergent, lotion, hair care product, or other medication or agent was applied to the skin. Also ingested medications or foods could trigger rash. ...Read more
What for and where: If you are using for lubrication, you can get non allergic lubricant or KY gelly will do.Depends what you are using for and where. ...Read more
Yes and No: When our protective skin is injured/opened, then the delicate internal environment is exposed to the harsh external environment. Covering it with a clean dressing is the way to go changing it every other day or so. Vaseline is an oil made to protect intact skin, not heal open wounds. Also, stay away from peroxide, alcohol, betadine, hibiclens, bleach solutions and other irritating things. ...Read more
I started using vaseline on my face but i think it makes my face itch. Could this be an allergic reaction?
Unlikely: You may have reacted to another ingredient in the lip balm, not vaseline or you may have reacted to something you ingested, either food or medicine. Write down what you had over the past hour, take a Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and head to the er. Worried this may extend further to your tongue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you be allergic to vaseline?
- How to tell if you are having an allergic reaction?
- How to tell if you are allergic to bee stings?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Vaseline allergic reaction
- How to tell if a rash is an allergic reaction?
- How to tell if baby is allergic to antibiotics?
- How to tell if you are overhydrated?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free