Doctor insights on:
How To Tell If I Have A Hydrocele
Or a flashlight: A handy way to tell a hydrocele from a tumor is to shine a flashlight behind it. If it's a hydrocele, the light will shine through the mass whereas it will not shine through a tumor. A handy, quick-and-dirty way to tell if a scrotal mass is a hydrocele. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Scrotal incision: Surgery best performed under general anesthesia ; as same day surgery procedure so ur discharged home from recovery room (pacu) after operation. Will have scrotal scar which becomes almost invisible with time. Some pain, tenderness ; swelling for couple of weeks post-op. Best to have compression dressing ; underwear to minimise swelling, discomfort ; pain medication after surgery. Good luck. ...Read more
Rest: Hydrocelectomy is usually an outpatient procedure. In general patients should take it easy one week postoperatively. Most do not require pain medications past a day or two. Resting a few days after surgery is wise so that you can get back to your full activities as soon as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hope it will: Should have involuted within six weeks, otherwise hydrocelectomy may be required. Thus consult an experienced urologist if still there after 6 weeks. ...Read more
Can you tell me how much time do post-traumatic hydroceles last after an inguinal hernia repair operation?
Varies. : Could last a few days to a few weeks. Supportive underwear and applying heat will sometimes speed the process up. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can my doctor tell if i have a hydrocele by doing an ultrasound?
- How to tell if i have a std?
- How to tell if i have an std?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if i have cardiomyopathy?
- How to tell if i have a mental illness?
- How to tell if i have yeast infection?
- How can i tell if i have acid reflux?
- Talk to a urologist online for free