Doctor insights on:
How To Tell If A Finger Is Broken Or Jammed
How can you tell if finger is broken or jammed. Index finger is quite swollen down into knuckle on hand. Can move it?
X-ray: The only real way to tell is with an x-ray. If you had a traumatic episode (ie falling on it) then it would also point to more of a fracture. If you had no injury to your finger and the finger is also swollen, then you may need to be evaluated for an infection if you have any open sores on the finger. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain, swelling, loss: Of motion, deviation, rotation, stiffness, throbbing, numbness, discoloration, tightness all can be symptoms of a finger fracture. If one suspects a fracture, then elevation, ice , splinting and urgent evaluation is needed as many seemingly simple fractures in the hand require a detailed understanding of what to do to optimize healing and return of function. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you tell if your finger is broken or jammed?
- Finger jammed or broken symptoms
- Jammed vs broken finger
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is my finger broken or jammed?
- Jammed finger vs broken finger
- How can you help heel a jammed or broken finger?
- How to tell if your fingers broken?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free